Frequently Asked Questions - Rides
- Classic - The classic rides are offer by ACA, and contain several distance options and no set speed. The rides are offered mainly on weekends. These rides are only started by an ACA ride starter, and do not provide ride support.
- Hosted - The hosted rides are offered by ACA by members (ride hosts) who have completed a hosted ride training class. These rides provide set distance at a set speed average speed range. The rides offer varying levels of ride support based upon ride classification (see Q/A on ride classifcations). These rides are offered during the week, weekends, morning, noon, and even night. The schedule is determined by the ride host.
- On the left nav area, click on the "create content" link
- When the page re-draws click on NON-aca ride
- Fill in the information
- Ride ratings indicate how hard/fast the ride will be:
- A 18+ mph
- B 16-18 mph
- C 14-16 mph
- D 12-14 mph
- E 10 mph
- The rides are listed by date and time of departure.
- Next is the "ride rating," given as A through E and 1 through 4. The letter primarily designates the pace for the ride, and the number describes the terrain.
- Ride distance follows.
- The ride title should help outline the type of ride.
- The “Departs from” contains a map link for the starting location.
- The detailed description then follows.
- The ride host and contact information are listed for any questions.
- The word "map" links to an online map.
- A sphere at the start of the listing indicates the ride's weather condition. Red means the ride is cancelled. Green means the ride leader is confirming that the ride is on in spite of weather conditions. White means the ride leader has made no update. The ride leader can cancel prior to the ride start shown by the sphere turning red and a red line crossing through the ride title.
- Go to the ACA website at http://www.austincycling.org/
- click on the login at the top of the page.
- login with your aca userid (or email) and password. If you don't have a userid and password yet then go to the login screen and click on Register.
- Once logged in: On the left side of the screen you should see "Content Nodes". Click on it.
- You can filter on Classic rides.
- Find the ride you want to change in the list and click on the ride name and date (don't click edit here). Please change a north ride that is listed with a north ride and a south ride with a south ride so we don't end up with two north rides or two south rides on the same day.
- There will be an area that displays that 0 riders have signed up for this ride. Click edit. Please don't change rides that have already been signed up for.
- Change the ride, date, or time. To change the ride select a different ride from the drop down list. To change the time you will need to change the time on both the "from date" and "to date" fields. To change the date you will need to change the date on both the "from date" and "to date" fields.
- Click save.
- Now you can go sign up for the ride.
2. click on the login at the top of the page.
3. login with your aca userid (or email) and password. If you don't have a userid and password yet then go to the login screen and click on Register.
4. on the left side of the screen you should see "Classic Ride Sign-up Queue". It is the top link. Click on it.
5. You will see the list of rides that are available for this ride call.
6. When you decide on a ride you want to start then then click on "signup" to the far right.
7. Double check the ride details and then click the "signup" button.
8. repeat steps 4-7 if you want to start another ride.
Click the "create content" link on the left side nav bar box
Click on "ACA classic ride"
Select the ride name from the drop down
(If the ride you want is NOT listed, see the FAQ on adding another classic ride to the ride pool)
Choose the start date and time, and submit the ride
The ride will now show up in the signup queue of rides needing starters. After a ride starter has signed up, the ride will be listed in the main classic rides listing
Pick the ride you want to be a ride starter for and submit the information
First click the "create content" on the left nav bar
Then click "classic ride pool"
(if you only see NON-ACA rides, you are not logged in...or your account is not setup as a ride coordinator)
enter title, body, and each of the ride lengths
download a copy of the aca ride map to your hard drive
then for "ride map" press browse and select the ride map for this ride off your hard drive...then press 'upload'
foldout the "location" link....and enter the location for the ride start
All Classic rides are 'choose-your-own-distance.' There will be maps for shorter and longer rides, and you can always make any ride shorter or longer by varying the route. Usual rides are 25 to 50 miles, but some are shorter and some are longer. If you want to come out and ride 10 miles, no problem.
Unless a ride is specified as a fundraiser (such as the Rosedale Ride, Race for the Roses, G.A.S.P., Armadillo Hill Country Classic, etc.), all ACA rides are free.