1-hour Cycling Skills Workshops (classroom-based)
These sessions are held right in your workplace. We provide your employees with practical information on riding safely and confidently in traffic, commuting by bike, or bike maintenance.
Taught by nationally-certified League Cycling Instructors, these sessions offer a wealth of techniques taught in cycling courses throughout North America.
The most popular format is the lunchtime session, which allows your employees to attend interesting, lively and very useful training over their lunch break. (This can be held at any time of the day or evening to suit your staff's schedule.)
Riding Comfortably in Traffic
- Rules of the road.
- Choosing the right lane position.
- Anticipating and avoiding potential hazards.
- Communicating positively with others.
- …and more.
- Choosing and configuring your bike for comfort & efficiency.
- Route planning.
- Picking the right accessories.
- Hygiene tips.
- ... and more.
- Fitting your bike for comfort & efficiency.
- Cleaning & lubricating your bike.
- How to fix a flat.
- How to replace and adjust brakes.
- How to adjust gear shifters.
- A list of tools and accessories you'll need.
The cost is $225 for a 1- to 1.5-hour session on any one topic. educationaustincycling [dot] org (subject: Lunchtime%20Workshops) (Email us today) to schedule a workshop, or all three, at your venue!